Mars Pathfinder Mission Objectives
- Mars Pathfinder is a NASA Discovery Mission.
- "Faster, better, and cheaper" with three years for development
and cost under $150 million dollars.
- Demonstrate a simple, low-cost system, at fixed price for
placing a science payload on the
surface of Mars at 1/15 the Viking price tag.
- Demonstrate NASA's commitment to low-cost planetary
exploration by completing the mission for a total cost of $280
million dollars including the launch vehicle and mission
- Demonstrate the mobility and usefulness of a
microrover on the surface of
Back to the Mars Pathfinder Home Page.